Need a quick idea for a fundraiser and you don't have our 799 fundraising ideas list? Check out these three:
1. Facebook Birthday Fundraisers: scroll through your supporters on Facebook and see who has a birthday coming up. It's easy to do this if most of your supporters are also your friends. Here's how to do it.
Go to your Friends list. See that third option under Friends? Click that and it will show you Friends with birthdays coming up.
Ask everyone with a birthday coming up to set up a fundraiser. Complete instructions on how to set one up are here: https://www.facebook.com/help/1910205189301966 .
2. Matching Grant Challenges: most groups will have a few regular donors that they can always count on and who're always ready to help out. Contact them and ask if they'd consider a donation with a twist -- a challenge to your other donors that they will MATCH any donations, dollar for dollar, up to a total of whatever they're comfortable with.
Phrase it like this:
- An anonymous donor will MATCH EVERY DOLLAR donated in the next 24 hours up to a total of $100
- Today, your donation goes TWICE as far with the donation match challenge.
- The next $XX in donations will be automatically DOUBLED thanks to an anonymous gift.
Of course, it's always great if you can NAME the donor, but it's been my experience that most of them want to remain anonymous. These are REALLY effective.
3. Feed A Dog For A Day: what's the easiest thing in the world to ask for? Yep, $5 to feed a dog for a day.
And it's super easy to set up. Just pick a month, pick a style of calendar, then add your PayPal address, a picture of the dog, and the dog's name.
Your donors can pick their own date, add a dedication to the donation as well as a photo, and make that small, initial first commitment that puts them on the path to being on your team. Nothing could be easier.
Just check out the JDonate home page for a full demo, then create a free account and try one out now HERE.